Friday, March 2, 2018

March 2018


I've been working on this tank top for a couple of months. It needs buttons on the straps and loose ends woven in before I can call it finished. Close enough, unless I decide to add some embellishment. 

These small clipboards are getting a coat of Mod Podge. The edges are painted with Lumiere paints. 
 
Below are some pictures of the process. 
The inserts of 'fabric signatures' are attached to a piece of needlework canvas. These will fit nicely into my locker-hooked journal cover. 
Below are images of this process. I have already started keeping mementos of this year's Creative Journal Adventure in the pockets that were created by using the bottom half of the upholstery fabric samples I was given. 
And when I enjoy making something, I usually take on another one with a few adjustments. This journal cover will be larger AND it will take considerably longer to get the cover finished. It needed to be larger to accommodate the pieces that I don't want to trim. Some are samples of techniques I've tried, pieces that no longer hold my interest, or scraps that I just can't part with. This Creative Adventure Journal (#2) will house quite a few. I've planned for a 2&1/2" thickness in the spine. 
This is an image of the 4 fabrics that I used for a 'What Was I Thinking?' adventure. I've always liked how it turned out and it will become one of the pages in the CAJ #2, once I get the cover done. 


Recently I was given some vintage hankies for using in my creative adventures. I see a possible rag quilt, and some pages for my lace book (yet to be started). 
I finished the lap size quilt, below,  in time to take to my Aunt's 90th Birthday Party. Most everyone there was able to sign the back and write a note. We used an IdentiPen for writing on the cloth. The buttons are just to fill in the picture frame. But their colors would work with those quilt fabrics, hmmm. 
The next group of photos are from a collaborative effort between myself and two of my grandkids. It's a gift for their mom. The last image just does not show the colors accurately, but I can't make the sun shine inside my house when I'm ready to snap a few shots! 
The clamshell pile has bugged me ever since I cut them out with my Accuquilt Go Cutter. I've been researching ways to get this moving forward. So far, it's not a happening thing. I'll keep searching and trying different methods until I find the one that suits me. Maybe I'll just go color a mandala or two. 

After 5+ years of waiting to be finished this jacket is now considered done. It will be a nice lightweight fall jacket.  I'm ready for it to be a gift to someone, but who? 
Late last year I ordered several Cake Mix #7 recipe pads from MSQC. They were on special and I decided to try them out. I thought the pads of recipe cards would make great gifts for my quilting friends. I gave Nancy a pad for Christmas and she said it worked great. So, I gathered up some of those layer cakes that I've been purchasing and did a mix and match across fabric lines. They'll end up with a somewhat scrappy look. I've started on a set with a beach color theme. 
Speaking of the beach, we went to Hunting Island, Hilton Head Island and Beaufort, SC at the beginning of the month. George walked to the top of the lighthouse. I enjoyed it from the sand. 

We went to Middleton Plantation to enjoy their Spring Brunch and all the flowering plants. 
Calla Lily 
Back yard vegetation


 I'm fortunate to have this image, the breezes usually blow them away before I can even pick one. 


May God bless each of you with knowing Him. Happy Resurection Celebration Day!






No comments:

Post a Comment